Computer Networks and Communication
Born in 1950 in Livorno, Italy. Citizen of Italy.
Received the "Laurea in Scienze dell'Informazione" from the University of Pisa, Italy, in 1973. She is currently a full professor of computer Science at the University of Pisa.
Since 1973, she was associated as a researcher with the Department of Informatica of the University of Pisa. From 1987 to 1990 she was appointed full professor of computer science at Department of "Informatica e Applicazioni" at the University of Salerno. Since 1990 she joined the Department of Computer Science of Pisa, where she presently teaches courses of "Algorithm and Data Structures" and "Web Algorithms". She was Coordinator of the study programs of the Department of Computer Science of Pisa from 1991 to 1994. During that period the study programs were completely revised.
She has been visiting professor at the National University of Somalia in 1989 and visiting scientist at the Carleton University of Ottawa in Canada in 1991 and at the Ottawa University in 2003. She was also visiting professor at the Botswana University of Gaborone in Botswana in 2004.
In the framework of UNESCO projects of "Informatics for developing countries" she has given basic courses of informatics in many universities of developing countries. As an expert of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, she spent several research and teaching periods in Jordan in 1996, 97 and 98 and in Egypt.
She is referee of several international journals and is in the program committee of international conferences. Her research activity, started in the field of data structures and sequential algorithm, has developed in the field of parallel and distributed algorithms and in the relationship between abstract computational models and realistic computers and circuits. The research is attested by around fifty papers published on the main scientific journals. She is co-author of one textbook of large diffusion and of another book on the relationships between algorithmica, other fields of knowledge and normal life.
Recent research papers:
1. P. Crescenzi, A. Del Lungo, R. Grossi, E. Lodi, L. Pagli, G. Rossi, Text Sparsification via Local Maxima, THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE, num. 1, vol. 304, pp. 341-364, 2003
2. A. Bernasconi, V. Ciriani V., F. Luccio, L. Pagli, Three-level logic minimization based on function regularities, IEEE TRANSACTION ON COMPUTER-AIED DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS, num. 22, vol. 8, pp. 1005-1005, 2003
3. P. Flocchini, E. Lodi, F. Luccio, L. Pagli and N.Santoro, Dynamic Monopolies in Tori, DISCRETE APPLIED MATHEMATICS, vol. 137, pp. 197-212, 2004 4. G. Franceschini, R. Grossi, J.I. Munro, L. Pagli, Implicit B-trees: a new data structure for the dictionary problem, JOURNAL OF COMPUTER AND SYSTEMS SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL, num. 4, vol. 68, pp. 788-807, 2004
5. A. Bernasconi, V. Ciriani, F. Luccio, and L. Pagli, Exploiting Regularities for Boolean Function Synthesis, THEORY OF COMPUTING SYSTEMS, to appear. Books:
6. Luccio F., Pagli L., Algoritmi, divinità e gente comune, ETS, Pisa, 0, 1999