The competition for 2018-19 will be open only to applicants for the four Weinberg Fellowships in architectural history and preservation (the application form here has a deadline of December 4, 2017). The remaining spaces have already been allotted by the Selection Committee to a group of outstanding candidates from the large pool of candidates of unusual quality and significance who applied to the 2017-18 competition. The next Fellowship competition to be opened to a full complement will be for the academic year 2019-20 (application form will be posted October 1, 2018; deadline will be December 3, 2018).
In most years, the Italian Academy offers several dedicated fellowships and similar residencies:
- The Weinberg Fellowships in architectural history and preservation, designed in conjunction with the Academy’s new International Observatory for Cultural Heritage
- The Humanities & Neuroscience Fellowships
- The Premio New York program designed for young Italian artists
- The Compagnia di San Paolo Professorship held by a distinguished visiting scholar from Italy in the fields of History of Art, Musicology, and Italian Studies
- The Fellowship clusters working on a single theme for one year: in 2015–2016, "Emotion, embodiment and the history of art and music: aesthetics, history and anthropology” and in 2016–2017, “The conservation and preservation of heritage and the contemporary destruction of art and architecture.”
Academic year 2017–2018 has no theme.
Candidates' queries about the Fellowship program are answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page.