Annual calendar: call for applications: from October 1; application deadline: December 4; announcement of award decisions: by April 30. For reference, see the most recent application form here.
In most years, the Italian Academy offers several dedicated fellowships and similar residencies:
- The Weinberg Fellowships in architectural history and preservation, designed in conjunction with the Academy’s new International Observatory for Cultural Heritage
- The Humanities & Neuroscience Fellowships
- The Premio New York program designed for young Italian artists
- The Compagnia di San Paolo Professorship held by a distinguished visiting scholar from Italy in the fields of History of Art, Musicology, and Italian Studies
- The Fellowship clusters working on a single theme for one year: in 2015–2016, "Emotion, embodiment and the history of art and music: aesthetics, history and anthropology” and in 2016–2017, “The conservation and preservation of heritage and the contemporary destruction of art and architecture.”
Academic year 2017–2018 has no theme.
Candidates' queries about the Fellowship program are answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page.